Subscribe:

Pages

Saturday 30 August 2014

First Day Post Op

Sunday, 24th August 2014

I didn't sleep very well, but that was to be expected, as I'm used to spreading out in a king size bed with soft, fluffy pillows.  My stomach wounds were a little sore as well so all in all, I had a fitful night.

Mornings always start early in hospital and my obs had been taken and I was sitting, sipping my first cup of coffee by 07:30am.

The coffee was lovely, the yoghurt for breakfast, less so, as I was more than fed up of the stuff, but I was also aware that looming ahead of me was a two week liquid diet which would consist of yoghurt, soup and milkshake.

By mid morning, I'd had my drain removed and was looking forward to a nice shower.  The nurse changed my bed and I waited for John and Ash to come and visit.

I wanted to go home but was told no, wait one more day and I should be able to go home early Monday morning.

Mr Wan, the surgeon came to see me and told me my liver had been stuck to my stomach, but all in all, everything went very smoothly and he was pleased.

The rest of the day was quite boring.  I had tomato soup for lunch and chicken soup for dinner which was lovely.  I was in bed by 11pm and hoping for a better sleep.

0 comments:

Post a Comment