Subscribe:

Pages

Monday 1 September 2014

First Day Home

Monday, 25th August 2014

I had a better night's sleep than the previous one and I was sitting up in bed, drinking a coffee when I was surprised by an early visit by the nurse with a bag of medication for me to take home.

I called John straight away and asked him to come and get me - I couldn't wait to go home and be with my family and pets.

While I waited for John to arrive, I packed my bag and double checked the room to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything.

The ride home was uneventful and once home, I asked Ash to unpack for me and put my night clothes in the wash.

I took things easy but over the course of the day, I discovered a growing craving for food I was unable to eat.  The craving was mostly for meat, but anything and everything seemed appetising and by dinner time, I was unable to stop myself from grabbing a chip from Ash's plate and shoving it in my mouth.

The taste was heavenly, but I was very aware that what I was doing was totally against the rules.  I chewed and chewed and then swallowed with trepidation, wondering how my stomach would react.

Thankfully, everything was fine and my stomach didn't rebel, but I was ashamed of myself and sat quietly for the rest of the evening.  I hope my will power improves as I have almost two weeks of liquids to get through and then two weeks of pureed before I can even consider eating whole food.

0 comments:

Post a Comment