Subscribe:

Pages

Saturday 20 September 2014

A Slightly Brighter Outlook

I was surpised and very pleased to receive a phone call from Cathy, my bariatric nurse at St. Georges on Thursday, 18th September 2014.

She was calling to see how I was getting on and I wasted no time, explaining my eating and drinking problems.

Her advise was to call my GP and ask for a new prescription for omeprazole instead of lansoprazole.  She also suggested I change the anti-sickness pills and wants me to update her on my progress when I go to my hospital appointment on Monday.

My daughter also suggested I try sucking ice cubes which have helped, as long as I don't try more than two at a time.  I feel that any fluid I can ingest is a good thing, so she's now in charge of re-filling the ice cube trays.

Finally, I'm trying to cut out as much dairy as possible.  I'm drinking lactofree milk and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment