Subscribe:

Pages

Tuesday 5 August 2014

A Greedy Weekend!

The beginning of August is both a cause of celebration and sadness.

It's my wedding anniversary on 1st August and the anniversary of my mothers death on 4th August, so I always approach this particular month with very mixed feelings.

This year however, I've been in a much happier frame of mind, probably due to the excitement of my coming surgery and my husband decided that he would be taking me out for a nice meal, just the two of us, to celebrate 17 years of married bliss.

We had a lovely indian meal on the Saturday and planned to go the cemetery on the Sunday, but then, my in-laws decided that they wanted us all to go out for a meal so we ended up at the Harvester Sunday afternoon.

We had a drink while we waited for a table and then stuffed ourselves silly on salad, ribs and profiteroles.

I did not intend to make such a pig of myself and felt rather guilty afterwards, especially when the in-laws refused to let us pay!

I am now on the last week before I start my liver diet and will be going shopping for diet soup, low fat, low sugar yoghurt, sugar free ice pops, squash and jelly.

I would also like to add that we went to the cemetery and tidied up my mum's grave, laid flowers and remembered her in an appropriate manner.  She's been gone for 14 years now and I still miss her very much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment