Subscribe:

Pages

Thursday 11 September 2014

Not Doing So Well.

Current Weight:  18st 8.5lb



I started the pureed stage of the diet on Saturday, 6th September 2014.  I tried, I honestly did, but chilli con carne and chicken and broccoli pureed, is not appetising at all.

The look and consistency began to make me feel very sick and it was then that I noticed something else unpleasant.

My taste buds had changed so drastically, that virtually all drinks either left a nasty after-taste in my mouth or tasted too sweet.

I tried the following: water, peppermint tea, tea, coffee, orange juice, apple juice (both neat and watered down), lemon and orange squash, milk, fruit shoot, J20 and coconut water.

I'm begining to feel very despondent.  I feel thirsty most of the time and have a dry mouth and lips, but nothing I drink tastes nice or satisfies me.

Now, I’ve developed other worrying symptoms.  I’m regurging my liquid and food on a regular basis and even sips of water are making me feel very sick.

Food is a problem too as I’m trying to mash and chew it as much as possible, but I’m still getting very windy and feeling sick afterward.

Taking my medication has also become a problem and I’m going to try to spread them out over the day to make it less of an ordeal.

I think a call to the bariatric nurse is in order.

On the plus side, I’m still losing weight, slowly, but surely.

0 comments:

Post a Comment