Subscribe:

Pages

Monday 18 August 2014

Liver Diet Day 10

Total calories: 

I'm still struggling with the desire for other food.  I'm fed up with this diet now and want something else.  I'm also feeling impatient and want Saturday to hurry up and come.

I went on the weight loss forum today and found a thread for other people's surgeries in August.

My interest was peeked with a woman who had her surgery at the same hospital I'm due to have mine at.  She also has a stoma, although hers is a colostomy and not an ileostomy like mine.

I was a little worried to note that she was re-admitted after her operation because her stoma became so swollen, nothing could pass through it.  This caused her terrible pain and acid reflux.  She recovered from this and is now on the road to recovery.

She also commented on how fed up she is with her liquid diet.  I have to confess, this is something I hadn't thought of as I've been concentrating on my liver diet.  Having done 2 weeks, I'll again be restricted to at least another 2 weeks, if not longer, on food I can suck through a straw only.

I haven't given up hope of finding a way around this though and my 'tricks' will include 'proper' food only, not junk food.

My main idea is to 'suck' something I want, like a piece of meat, without swallowing it.  That way, I can enjoy the flavour without risking damage to my remaining stomach.  I have no intention of doing this with anything that's bad for me.

Finally, I had an appointment with the nurse at my GP's and mentioned my operation on Saturday.  She immediately warned me that the post op care of weight loss surgery is crap and that I should insist on having regular appointments with a dietitian, especially as I have an ileostomy.  This is something I will keep in mind for after surgery. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment