Subscribe:

Pages

Sunday 17 August 2014

Liver Diet Day 8

Total calories: 526

Today has been a test of my strength and determination.

As it's John's Mum and Dad's anniversary on 20th August and his Mum's birthday on 21st August, we decided to host a barbecue for them.

The closest available day was today (Saturday) and this was all organised before I received my hospital date. 

John and his parents offered to cancel the barbecue but I refused.

I was determined to get through the day and truthfully, I was looking forward to having the company, as the previous week had been very quiet and boring for me.

John cooked the barbecue and I cooked the potatoes, ribs and also some steak for everyone.

I tried to keep busy inside, washing up, whilst everyone tucked in outside because I didn't want to make them feel bad for scoffing all the food!

Later, when they'd come in and had a cup of coffee, it was time to bring out the chocolate birthday cake.

It was me who cut it up and dished it all out and then I had the job of putting all the left overs in the fridge.

During this time, I remained strong and didn't touch a single crumb of food.

It wasn't until later when everyone had gone and I opened the fridge to dig out a yoghurt, that it started to waiver slightly.

The delectable smell of barbecue food wafted out of the fridge and my mouth watered.

I shut the fridge door quickly!

I'm proud of myself because yet again, I've shown remarkable restraint.

I'm another day down and another day closer to my operation and the start of my new life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment